Current State of the Quadrocopter project
This time I’d like to tell you about my plans of building a quadrocopter.
I already have most of the components, so I guess I will start to assemble them soon. For the record, this is what I already have:
- Battery: ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 25C
- Motors: Turnigy 2209 28turn 1050kv 15A Outrunner
- Motor Controllers: Hobbyking SS Series 25-30A ESC
- R/C Receiver: OrangeRx Satellite Receiver
- Autopilot / Control board: Lisa/M from the Paparazzi Project
Propellers, a frame and (most critical) crimped PicoBlade wires for the Lisa/M are still missing – the wires are already ordered and should arrive next week. I’m also awaiting a frame from HobbyKing, but that was somehow lost on the way to Germany and they have started investigation about it. But, even if they re-sent it tomorrow, it would still take about a month until they arrive, so I will probably build my own frame for the start ;-) .
Anyway, I still hope to get the whole thing airborne before the Chaos Communication Camp in August!